Wrongful death cases, involving loss of life, are among the most tragic and important cases. Wrongful death cases can also be legally complicated and difficult. Only limited categories of relatives are allowed to bring a wrongful death case for the loss of a loved one. Very often, time is of the essence in order to preserve your rights when a loved one dies. The attorneys at Haddad & Sherwin have the knowledge, skill, and experience to successfully handle many types of wrongful death cases. Contact us if you or someone you love has lost a family member in questionable circumstances.
We have won many wrongful death cases for children, spouses, and parents of sons and daughters killed by police, security guards, dangerous products, and dangerous conditions. We have uncovered cover-ups of suspicious deaths, bringing closure, compensation, and justice for families. We know how to uncover the truth to protect and prevent others from suffering tragic wrongful death.
Contact us today to get a free consultation with an experienced, Oakland-based police misconduct attorney. We handle cases throughout California, including the Bay Area, San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, North Coast, Central Coast, Central Valley, and more!
Wrongful Death Related Verdicts & Settlements
- $8.3 Million for Jail Death -- Largest Wrongful Death Civil Rights Settlement in California State History
- $3.5 Million Wrongful Death, Police Shooting Recovery
- $2.6 Million Settlement for Family of Man Killed in Botched SWAT Raid
- $2.2 Million Plus Policy and Training Changes after Fresno Police Shoot Man in Back
- $2.15 Million Settlement for Death of Disabled Woman Killed by Police
- $2.1 Million Settlement for Man Killed by Security Guards' Improper Restraint
- $1.6 Million Settlement for Mother of Mentally Ill Young Man, Deprived of Care, Who Committed Suicide in the Siskiyou County Jail
- $1.5 Million Recovery for Parents and Daughter of Man Shot in Back by Police
- $1.5 Million Settlement for Parents of Mentally Ill Man Killed by Richmond Police
- $1.3 Million for Police Shooting of Mentally Ill Man with Hammer
- $1.3 Million for Preventable Suicide of Young Man in Jail
- $1.2 Million Wrongful Death, Police Shooting, Jury Verdict
- $1 Million for Mother and Sons of Mentally Ill Man Allowed to Hang Himself in the Tulare County Jail
- $995,000 Settlement for Man Mistakenly Killed By Police
- $975,000 Wrongful Death Settlement
- $340,000 Wrongful Death Police Misconduct Shooting
- Confidential Wrongful Death Settlement for Lineman Killed in Product Liability Accident